quick photoshop question

Started by
5 comments, last by PaperCut 16 years, 1 month ago
I'm making a map for my RPG in photoshop and I wanted to know if anybody knows how to load an image in as a new layer. Because every time I load an image it loads in as an entirely separate image. appreciate any help thanks.
Advertisement
If you've got two images open at once, you should be able to drag the background layer (in the layers tool box) over to the other image and it will copy it there as a new layer.

Also, make sure the target image is in proper RGB colour mode, not indexed mode or layers aren't available ;)
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
If you've got two images open at once, you should be able to drag the background layer (in the layers tool box) over to the other image and it will copy it there as a new layer.

Also, make sure the target image is in proper RGB colour mode, not indexed mode or layers aren't available ;)

I appreciate your help a great deal, but I tried that and everything else I could possibly think of and I've been at it for the past 8 hours and nothing is working. I forgot to mention I'm using photoshop Elements 4. $80 for this garbage. Fuck you adobe. I hope you get cancer in the ass
Quote:Original post by double O seven

I appreciate your help a great deal, but I tried that and everything else I could possibly think of and I've been at it for the past 8 hours and nothing is working. I forgot to mention I'm using photoshop Elements 4. $80 for this garbage. Fuck you adobe. I hope you get cancer in the ass

I believe elements still supports layers.
What you could try doing is having both images open. Then with the image you want in another layer selected, hit Ctrl+A, to select the entire thing. Then Ctrl+C to copy it.
Then go to your second image, create a new layer, with the new layer selected, Ctrl+V to paste.
You may have to double-click on the background layer, then hit ok to the window that pops up, to move around the layers.

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937

What you could try doing is having both images open. Then with the image you want in another layer selected, hit Ctrl+A, to select the entire thing. Then Ctrl+C to copy it.
Then go to your second image, create a new layer, with the new layer selected, Ctrl+V to paste.
You may have to double-click on the background layer, then hit ok to the window that pops up, to move around the layers.

thanks a lot, but I tried that too and it keeps replacing the original background image with the copied image. Don't know why.
But whats even more strange is when that happens the copied image doesn't even show up much. Only a few dots in various places where it used to be.
I'm probably going to have to do everything by hand.

I appreciate ya'll efforts to help me out though. Thanks.
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937

thanks a lot, but I tried that too and it keeps replacing the original background image with the copied image. Don't know why.
But whats even more strange is when that happens the copied image doesn't even show up much. Only a few dots in various places where it used to be.
I'm probably going to have to do everything by hand.

I appreciate ya'll efforts to help me out though. Thanks.

Can you do the steps i mentioned above, then save the file as a psd and send it to me?

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
A picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe take some screenshots so we can see what your working with.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement