• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
arroyjose

How do you start with XNA?

This topic is 3776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings, I've been programming since my senior year of high school, but I don't know anything about game development other than the most general stuff. XNA sounds like a really good platform for beginners, and I would like to try making my own game. What are some good resources to start out with XNA? I prefer books, tutorials, videos, etc. I already have Visual Studio and even though I haven't programmed in C# I don't believe its going to take me long to pick it up. My background is in C++, Java. Also my math skills are solid. All I need is a place to start. And yes I know I can research all this through Google and this site, but there are many of you that can help me by condensing it to a few paragraphs. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
the first thing i would do is follow the C# workshop that was posted on this forum, it was well written,

if you get through that then either follow that site, grab a book on XNA or check out the sites i bookmarked http://del.icio.us/duffman1984/XNA

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!