How do you start with XNA?

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom L 16 years, 2 months ago
Greetings, I've been programming since my senior year of high school, but I don't know anything about game development other than the most general stuff. XNA sounds like a really good platform for beginners, and I would like to try making my own game. What are some good resources to start out with XNA? I prefer books, tutorials, videos, etc. I already have Visual Studio and even though I haven't programmed in C# I don't believe its going to take me long to pick it up. My background is in C++, Java. Also my math skills are solid. All I need is a place to start. And yes I know I can research all this through Google and this site, but there are many of you that can help me by condensing it to a few paragraphs. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Erm, Googling "Getting Started with XNA" got me Getting Started with XNA Development which looks like a decent set of tutorials to get started with.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

the first thing i would do is follow the C# workshop that was posted on this forum, it was well written,

if you get through that then either follow that site, grab a book on XNA or check out the sites i bookmarked http://del.icio.us/duffman1984/XNA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement