Sign in to follow this  
rpstaekwondo

possible???

im using visual basic 2008 express edition, and i am thinking of 2D games that you would use a key pad to move around in, i am not at that skill level yet, not even close, but i would still like to know if i can do that when i get beter

Yes. Probably best to get to pick a language-of-choice and get to know it well first. If you're interested in Windows/Xbox games, then it looks like C# would probably be your best option. Although, you certainly can do games in VB.Net as well.

-Matt

They're completely different. VB 6.0 had limited OO capabilities and a lot of miscellaneous problems stemming from its history as a BASIC derivative. VB.NET has similar syntax to VB6, but is in all other respects a .NET language. There are very few reasons to use VB6 these days.

rpstaekwondo,
you must live a sheltered life? maybe you should get out more? There are sites on the net dedicated to just about any (ok..many) type(s) of implementations of games.

e.g.http://www.vbgames.com

Maybe you really want some opinions on what would be best to use as opposed to whats possible (this is me being rudely presumptuous)?

[Edited by - steven katic on February 21, 2008 7:51:36 PM]

i am completely new to this, and i am still learning about the basics, i have other stuff to do, i dont have time every day to open firefox and look up these sites, so that is why i am asking for help from you guys, so honestly i wouldnt know any of the kinds of things you guys are talking about.

Quote:

rpstaekwondo,
you must live a sheltered life? maybe you should get out more? There are sites on the net dedicated to just about any (ok..many) type(s) of implementations of games.

e.g.http://www.vbgames.com

Maybe you really want some opinions on what would be best to use as opposed to whats possible (this is me being rudely presumptious)?

Quote:
Original post by namingway
You'll find most languages are capable of making games, its just some arent as common as others, but I've seen plenty of games made with VB, in particular a few basic morpgs.

nice, i think i will start learning that, it does seem really easy compared to c++, no semicolens after each line lol