Sign in to follow this  
Carradine

Need an MFC Spreadsheet/DataGrid Control

Carradine    303
I am about to write a couple of editing tools for my game, and I have made many MFC windows already, however I need a control that is set up like a spreadsheet or database that I can use to manually insert/modify data etc... I hear about a DataGrid control, but I canot find it for download anywhere for my MFC C++ application. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Where do I find this control, or another control that may be better than that to use as an MFC control, and is there a trick to installing it so I can use it? Thanks for any help.

Carradine    303
Ah, thanks for the help, it looks like that will be as close as I will get to implementing a full DataGrid in MFC.

After doing a long day of searching, I also found that the default CListCtrl dialog class has a "report" view that you can set up to operate very nearly to a DataGrid/Spreadsheet object. It does have it flaws though like only being able to select and modify the first column only.

However I may end up using the Ultimate Grid program you just poined to in the end.

Thanks again.