• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ratchiebeak

unreal editor 2004?

This topic is 3772 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i just bought the unreal anthology and i installed the 04, now where is the editor for it?!? i feel like a noob, and google didnt help! why am i so thick!? plz help a noob

Advertisement
just open up the install folder and search for *.exe

Don't remember the name offhand but it should be easy to pick from the list of matches: something self-explanatory like UnEditor.exe or UnrealEditor.exe....

-me

you mean like go to my computer, then the disc, then search?
i searched and no luck, there are like 9 different disc folders, and each of themm have a zip folder that says, data 2 or data3 or data 4
and so on and so forth

i dont know if i should open all the zip files then search them individually but i will if i have to

Don't search the disk, search the folder that you installed it into.

It's probably in somewhere like c:/program files/epic games/unreal whatever 04/system/UnrealEd.exe

Quote:
Original post by RivieraKid
start -> programs -> ut2k4 -> editor

at least it is there for me.

I think for some reason the Unreal Anthology doesn't actually create a link to UnrealEd. Some friends of mine have another edition that doesn't automatically put a link to Unreal ED in the Start Menu either, but mine does.

UnrealEd.exe is located in the System folder of your UT2004 install.

Mine is "C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UnrealEd.exe"
Or it could be "C:\UT2004\System\UnrealEd.exe"
Or some other funky setup because you bought the Anthology.

After finding it just create a link to it in your Start Menu, Quick Launch, or Desktop. Oh, and this question has nothing to do with Game Design, so I think it is in the wrong forum [wink]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!