• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Chrono1081

Compiler for linux?

This topic is 3770 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First off I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wasnt quite sure where to put this question. I just got an eeePC and it runs linux (Zandros) and I was wondering if anyone knew of a C++ ide that I could put on it? I tried asking on another sites linux forum and got nothing but flames and nasty "read the wiki" responses (too bad the wiki didnt have what I needed) and google turns up 3903294238 possibilities none of which seem to work so I was wondering if anyone here knew of one?

Advertisement
Thank you guys for the responses :D I don't understand why the linux forum I was on couldn't answer me that :P (Im new to linux so I dont know much)

Quote:
Original post by Chrono1081
Thank you guys for the responses :D I don't understand why the linux forum I was on couldn't answer me that :P (Im new to linux so I dont know much)

On Linux forums, you usually get a limited set of answers
- RTFM
- Look at the source
- Works for me on Hardware x231 v2.4 beta with 8.4 driver patched with v2.4 source
- I use emacs
- OMG don't use emacs use vim

Also, C++ tends to get little love in pure Linux world.

I develop on linux, and recently I've started using Geany, and it seems to be quite good. And I can also recommend CodeBlocks.

Quote:

On Linux forums, you usually get a limited set of answers
- RTFM
- Look at the source
- Works for me on Hardware x231 v2.4 beta with 8.4 driver patched with v2.4 source
- I use emacs
- OMG don't use emacs use vim

Also, C++ tends to get little love in pure Linux world.

LMAO! Thats so true! Everyone seems to think their precious wikis answer everything and heaven foribid you ask a question!

I use XEmacs. [smile]

If I wasn't comfortable enough with XEmacs, I would probably go for Eclipse and its CDT, I use Eclipse at work for PHP development.

There is also KDevelop, but for some reason I find it hard to get into, a beginner might find it otherwise though, it does have a lot of task automation.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!