• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Diosces

What type of web hosting?

This topic is 3744 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've settled on a domain name and will be signing on with a host this weekend. I'm concentrating on C#, Java being a critical part of my studio's game design tools. With ASP.Net a part of C# fuctionality I'm thinking about including it as support Should I consider a windows web host/plan with ASP.Net support ie Start Logic Windows Plan with ASP.Net support. I've used Start Logic hosting when I had my wireless networking/PC building business and they were usually pretty good, however I will be considering others I'd appreciate a short pros/cons of spending the extra money/effort on ASP.Net support. Thanks

Advertisement
Depending on what you want, you probably should just put a server in your own home. Thats what I have done I got a Windows 2003 Server runnning with ISS on an ADSL line. Since your still quite a small company your just beter off running it all inhome and upgrading when the real tidal wave arrives :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!