using SDL with visual c++ 2008

Started by
6 comments, last by bakery2k1 16 years, 1 month ago
is SDL compatiable with visual c++ 08? All I see on the SDL page all it has is downloads for 05 and does it work with 08?
Advertisement
Yes it is.

The installation procedure is the same as in Visual Studio 2005.
I don't see the c/c++ folder in the properties to change the Runtime Library.
Quote:Original post by agm_ultimatex

VS2008 defaults to multithreaded libraries, you shouldn't need to change anything there. That said, you can find it by right clicking your project (not solution!), then clicking properties. Next, on the left of the dialog, expand "Configuration Properties" and then it's child, "C/C++", then select "Code Generation". Runtime library selection will be one of the items on the right.
Quote:Original post by MaulingMonkey

VS2008 defaults to multithreaded libraries, you shouldn't need to change anything there. That said, you can find it by right clicking your project (not solution!), then clicking properties. Next, on the left of the dialog, expand "Configuration Properties" and then it's child, "C/C++", then select "Code Generation". Runtime library selection will be one of the items on the right.

I literally do not see a folder there :(. But since it's defaulted, I won't worry about it. Ill give it a test run and hope for the best.
When using SDL with VC++ 2008, you should compile it from source. I had a really annoying problem with the binaries they provide on their website which were apparently built with MFC (which is completely unnecessary), which in turn required the VC80 side-by-side libraries. Other than that small problem (which is really only a problem when you go to distribute your program), it works fine with 2008.

The "C/C++" "folder" will only appear once you have added a C or C++ source file to the project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement