Sign in to follow this  
dingojohn

[SlimDX] Compilation error when compiling from source

Hello, I've decided to compile SlimDX from source to getall of the added functionality, and also so that I always have the latest bugfixes etc. But, I've encountered a problem. First one was that it could not find a DirectX header, so I added [SDK installation directory]/include to the directories to look in. Problem solved. However, I now get tons of other errors, all of which seem to come from Enums.h - both dx10's and xinputs version of the file. There are quite a few other files spitting out errors too. Most errors are because of undefined constants. Is this because the current commited files do not work properly? Is it because I have VS08? Or do I just simply do smoething wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Quote:
Original post by dingojohn
so I added [SDK installation directory]/include to the directories to look in. Problem solved.

Did you add this directory above or below the other include directories? It needs to be at the top of the list.

This is because some header files are included in both the DirectX SDK and the normal Windows SDK, with the DirectX SDK versions being newer. Visual Studio will search the include directories from the top down, and will stop once a header of the correct name is found. You want that to be the newer DX SDK version of the header.