[java] Brick and staircase game

Started by
2 comments, last by Lothia 16 years, 1 month ago
Hi, Here is a brick dodging game written in Java using the Pulpcore API. It is an applet and runs in a browser. The goal is to doge the falling bricks, get the bricks to fall in the shape of a staircase and escape over the wall. Each level it gets faster and faster. Here is a link to the game & the source code for the game. Game Screenshot Alex
Advertisement
The game is neat, I didn't really get into it though(I just felt like I was moving back and forth near the edge), that and the indexed movment feeling unnatural and lack of sound are my complaints about this game.

I really like the text effects though.
Hi,

I am glad your thought it was neat.
Heh yeah there are no sound effects, the game was stuck together in about two days pretty quickly so I never got around to adding them.

The movement is like that on purpose as it is what I remembered the original to be like. Overall the game play could be a lot more exciting :P

More could be done to make it better but I was happy enough to have a finished mini game :)

The text effects are pretty easy to do using the Pulpcore API.
It has some nifty animation stuff in there.
I have to admit it was a fun game, first few levels where boring but level 3 was a good one and I died 2 times.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement