• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

creating a command line?

This topic is 3616 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to figure out how to implement a program with a command line interface, sort of like old style DOS programs. What I need from this program goes beyond Windows PowerShell (I believe, unless there is some custimization I am unaware of). I need color codes - different color symbols, blinking symbols, highlighted backgrounds. What I need is more like the BIOS user interface. Yet I still need this to be text based. I've been doing some searches but my results are very far from what I am trying to achieve, which leads me to believe I need to find some new vocab to describe my query ;) Can anyone provide me with some information/articles/links regarding the creation of a command line ?

Advertisement
I'm seconding curses; I'm currently learning Python by playing around with its curses module, and it's got everything you need to make text-based interfaces. curses is used in several rogue-likes, so it's probably what you're looking for.

Of course, Python's curses module doesn't work on default windows installs.

Quote:
Original post by SiCrane
Of course, Python's curses module doesn't work on default windows installs.

Oops, my bad. I was not aware of this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement