project name and domain name conflict

Started by
11 comments, last by Morgan Ramsay 16 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper
Your lawyer can help you with that. Don't got lawyer? Get lawyer.

Or, before you decide to trade in your kids college fund to feed a poor starving lawyer , you could always just send them a friendly email stating that your position, and pointing out that you're both open-source projects, and that neither of you have money to spare for this kind of nonsense.

Now see what you made me do.. I spilled hot coffee on my lap! I figure this must have seriously damage my sperm-quality, and I wish to sue Starbucks for the life-earnings that my 5 Nobel-Prize winning children would have made if it wasn't for them irresponibly selling hot coffee. Plus tort and damages. Anyone have a good tort lawyer contact they'd like to share?

Allan

(I do actually agree with Tom almost 95% of the time)
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by __ALLAN__
before you decide to trade in your kids college fund to feed a poor starving lawyer [remainder of sarcasm deleted]
(I do actually agree with Tom almost 95% of the time)

It certainly won't cost anything approaching a "college fund" to obtain a lawyer's advice on this legal matter that cries out for a lawyer's advice.
And I agree with Allan ninety-something percent of the time as well.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Quote:Original post by __ODIN__
Now see what you made me do.. I spilled hot coffee on my lap!
Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants is quite different than what you've probably heard. For example:
  • Liebeck was the 79-year-old female passenger in a parked vehicle who was the subject of third-degree burns to her genital area that warranted hospitalization for eight days undergoing surgery and two more years of treatment.

• Liebeck sought pre-trial alternative dispute resolution, seeking to settle for $20,000 to cover the $11,000 she incurred from medical expenses. McDonald's offered only $800 and then refused further attempts to settle.

• There were already 700 reports of varying injuries resulting from hot coffee unnecessarily served at 180 °F. (Hot coffee cools exponentially. Overheating coffee does not substantially increase the time that the coffee will remain heated. Better containers, not overheating, is the proper solution.)
Wikipedia does an okay job with describing the actual facts of the case. What isn't talked about is that Liebeck walked away two years later with barely enough, minus the cost of litigation, to cover the medical expenses she incurred over the course of those two years.
Morgan Ramsay
Founder, President & CEO, Entertainment Media Council, Inc.
Author, "Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Games People Play" (Apress, 2012)
www.gamersatwork.org | www.linkedin.com/in/ramsay

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement