[Updated 1.1] Flash game: Minesweeper Flags Extreme

Started by
9 comments, last by d000hg 16 years, 1 month ago
After 6 months of intensive programming, I've now finished my first "real" official game: Minesweeper Flags Extreme Basically, it's a multiplayer version of Minesweeper where the objective is to find more mines than your opponent. Player take turns clicking on fields and the one who is the first to get 26 or more mines wins the game! You can play against 5 difficulty levels of computer controlled opponents You can also enter Online Multiplayer mode to play against any player who is online! There's also replays avalible, so you can see your own played games or games played by others! It's made in Adobe Flash CS3 Professional, ActionScript 3.0 PHP Sockets is used for online multiplayer support. [Edited by - Zomis on June 18, 2008 4:23:59 AM]
Advertisement
That game cheats so blatantly on hard. Picking 4 mines from the open field in a row? But I finally managed to beat it.
I can honestly let you know that none of the AIs are cheating! I have spent countless of hours programming Hard AI. He sees exactly the same map as you do. But I know how you feel, he is darn lucky sometimes... But can most of the time be beaten with enough skill. But don't feel bad if you don't beat him that often, or at all, I know few people who beats him often..
That's a great little game!
I would love to play that on my mobile phone.

Maybe it's there and I was unable to find it, but it would be nice to have a help screen in the game. For instance, I still don't know what the use bomb button really does.
Quote:Original post by WanMaster
That's a great little game!
I would love to play that on my mobile phone.

Maybe it's there and I was unable to find it, but it would be nice to have a help screen in the game. For instance, I still don't know what the use bomb button really does.
Thanks a lot :)
I have no experience at all about mobile phone development, but I hope there are mobile phones which can handle Flash, if so then there might be a version for mobile phones in the future.

There is no help-screen in the game yet, I planned on creating "Lessons" to learn people how to play the game, those were meant to only cover the basics of finding mines though. But creating one single help screen should not be much trouble. I'll work on that!
I've changed the layout of the menu lately, now also containing a little box which briefly explains what the game is about.

I've heard from some that the user interface needs improvement. It's a statement I agree with, because I know that I'm not too good at designing interfaces. Because of this I'd really like to hear what you think of it, and suggestions about how it can be approved.
It won't let me play; says I need Flash Player 9. Since I do Flash development I have a pretty recent version, so either you are using some very new release or something is wrong.
Quote:Original post by d000hg
It won't let me play; says I need Flash Player 9. Since I do Flash development I have a pretty recent version, so either you are using some very new release or something is wrong.

Make sure that &#106avascript is enabled in your browser as well.<br>I've set it to require 9.0.45<br><br>If you do have &#106avascript enabled and 9.0.45 or above, something is very wrong, in which case I'd really like to be notified.
I don't actually see how I'm supposed to find what version I have installed... from within FireFox I see no add-on or Flash-related settings, and in my "Installed Programs" in Control Panel I only see "Flash 9 ActiveX" which isn't helpful :)
Quote:Original post by d000hg
I don't actually see how I'm supposed to find what version I have installed... from within FireFox I see no add-on or Flash-related settings, and in my "Installed Programs" in Control Panel I only see "Flash 9 ActiveX" which isn't helpful :)

This site will tell you your installed version:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

(This site can be accessed from the right-click menu item "About Flash Player" when viewing any Flash file)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement