New Roller Coaster game that will beat all roller coaster game in the world.

Started by
34 comments, last by d000hg 16 years, 1 month ago
It a game called Ultimate Ride:Limitless It a better version of Ultimate Ride Coaster Deluxe with a mix of NoLimits making it the highest detailed roller coaster game in the world along with photorealistic graphic. I don't know anything about game development, so I'll post here just to see if anyone going to do this a whole lot of work. If you need me to talk to company, just tell me which company, I'll check if it fake or not. NOTICE: 1/4 of these are in NoLimits.1/4 are in URCD. And 1/6 is in both. NL stand for NoLimits UR stand for Ultimate Ride The 3D mesh format here are very useful. 1.Ability to twist and rotate like in Maya, but it has to calculate the position of coaster piece.-This mean that it calculate the position of coaster piece, then the rotator will rotate to that position without changing the coaster piece unless you touch it. 2.Ability to do things in NL but much quicker and easier like selecting row ball and create line.-This have feature of NL,but you can extrude and that'll create new line and ball. After doing that and you click preview support, it'll generate mesh of roller coaster. 3.Mental Ray Render-Render feature of mental ray 4.The game must be maded with any possible program. 5.Different texture in wood. Since that how real life is like.-Real life have texture that aren't the same alway. It'll alway be different no matter what. 6.The ability to set the amount of support like How many XYZ. 10X 10Y 10Z would be 1000 support per track piece.-This is useful expecially for wood coaster. 7.The ability to export the any file file to .obj, .3Ds, or .fbx.-This is the whole game model of roller coaster, terrain, and props 8.Ability to calculate the XYZ of a track piece, create line from the XZ direction.-This mean it calculate XYZ position. If the coaster is X25 and the Z is 35. You'll able to extrude and create ball from that. 10.Support creator menu.-That mean having option for part of line of support and many option including roller coaster sensitivity which is how sensitive and if it 1,00 sensitivity it'll look like it following the shape of coaster. Ability to detach line and make it separate. Ability to connect. 11.Ability to put support as track prop but the support must be facing vertically.-This mean it a track prop calculating position of part of roller coaster and it'll end up facing vertically or on the neccessary postion 12.Create things like they do in real life loop to support loop-Real life have loop that isn't common. 13.The tree must be some script for the game render to render it as full3D detail 14.There must a script to render grass as 3D 15.The game itself must support bump, normal, and displacement map.-This one is self explainitory. 16.No fake roller coaster mesh, hate it.- This mean every little detail 17.Ability to export to .ma(Maya ASCII File) 18.Ability to set how much detail on the coaster, even the crossbar, the ability to set the crossbar to different count. 19.More actual realistic scale. 20.Realistic sound like in NoLimits 21.Some sort of mix of UR and NL 22.A built-in video tutorial, I hate learning by myself sometime. 23.The ability to create support manually like in NoLimits, but not only XYZ in Nolimits, I want calculation of position and the ability to move X,Y,Z separately.-This mean moving X mean moving left or right, Z front or back, and Y the height of things/ 24. Right click at the support and the ability to set the thickness of support of just use menu to change the thickness of support universally.-Kinda of extrude cylinder with faces stay stuck together, and change the thickness of support. 25.Ability to import mesh or create a terrain like in NoLimits.-Self explainotry 26.A lot of feature from UR and NL. 27.All the tree must be unique and different as well as grass, plant, and so on. 28. Changing and realistic weather effect, when the roller coaster make sound energy through water, the water must be in higher frequency.-Real life does this, so add this. 29. Sound effect must be realistic, if the coaster go through a cave, there must be echolocation. 30.Ability to set reflectivity of a part of roller coaster.-This involves the material menu. 31.Make changing material effect to separate piece of coaster.-This involve moving your mouse to the material menu. 32.No mickey mouse and stuffs. 33.No fake turbobooster. Use real life brake and acceralator. 34.Ability to change the effect of the brake and acceralator like in NL. 35.The coaster will have slight or no effect of what around you. Unless a large place where echolocation usually come should have a huge effect. 36.Ability to import element and put it to the coaster. 37.Ability to switch menu to UR to NL as well as NL to UR. 38.Full 3D coaster mesh. 39.Texture can be up to big size. 40.Much more photorealistic.-This mean no fake stuffs, no fake bump, and no fake detail, no sharp edge, no bad looking render, the physic is real. 41.Add the ability to generate texture to an enviroment. Add normal, bump, displacement map to the enviroment as a tool to the terrain creator.-This is on the main menu where is terrain creator inside the game. 42. New challenges. 43. You can view and edit the coaster height graph affect the coaster real time. 44. Generate roller coaster height from top view of roller coaster.-This is importing roller coaster pic and make it generate it by images. 45. Ability to import images of roller coaster and place it as reference as well as moving the reference pic, scaling and so on.-This mean importing images and rescaling mesh of that image, rotating for reference. 46. Many option from NL.-Option that NL have. 47. Please add the ability to import mesh and import it as coaster piece, prop, support, or even part of enviroment. 48.Ability to make it look like your time. If it 10:00 PM, it should be night. If it 7Am, it should be morning. 49.Unique texture for each track piece 50.Specular map for roller coaster piece.-This edit the reflectivity to certain area. 51.The ability to edit the tie.-One editing of the tie can affect the other. 52.There will be never the same texture for wood. 53.Adding dirt to the footer and bottom of the support.-This will involve right clicking support, dirt generator, and then edit the factor. 54.Ability to change the shape of support from square to cube, or even more shape.-This will edit the support by editing the basic shape of it from a editor inside the game, if the support is circular and manipulate it from an editor it'll look like an edited circle or something else. 55.Tie and support must be beveled edge involve.-Like I said, no fake things. 56.Multiple dock, and the ability to adjust the rotation of it XYZ. 57.Ability to adjust a material type by everything.-Reflectivity, spectacular. 58.Some unique effect in the enviroment, if the noise came from the roller coaster, it'll cause an avalanches if in it a large snow mountain. 60.Material from various 3D program will be accepted and viewed correctly in the simulator. 61.All NL's track type. 62.More than 100 material affecting roller coaster mesh along with the ability to edit UV, add texture and so on. 63.The coaster must look like it has an effect if it an old coaster, like rusty. 64.Built in texture creator and editor in the terrain maker. It like photoshop brush tool and make it as normal, bump, displacement, set image size rescale, brush size and so on. 65.Ability to move prop X,Y,Z separately. 66.Ability to change the color of the prop inside the simulator. 67.The older the coaster, the more changes come into the coaster. 68.More detailed tree. 69.The imported prop can have effect on the terrain, if it touch a terrain, it will not go through. 70.The cloud must look 3D 71.Unique event to the sky, like rocket is blasting in the sky. 72.In the night, the more light there is, the less likely you're going to see the stars. Some part of NL and UR just won't support the above part, so I added the nonsupported part. Due to the mix of game: It'll shorten the time and make the track faster and better. Anymore idea may be appreciated. Any progress on this game should be appreciated.If you have any question, feel free to ask. [Edited by - StylizedCarfan1 on March 1, 2008 8:34:43 AM]
Advertisement
These would all be great things to have in a roller coaster game development thread - over in the game design section. I am not exactly sure how it could benefit from being in the writing section; it would in fact seem as if it is detrimental.
Is this a roller coaster simulator or a 3D modeling program? I see nothing about game play in here, instead you talk about how you can export to 3D formats and how you can change normal maps and things like that.

I don't mean to be offensive, just realistic, but it does sound like you've read a bunch of "buzz words" and have just spouted them back out with no real knowledge of what they mean. For example:

64.NURB,subdiv,polygon are acceptable.

This is entirely an implementation detail. It's the kind of thing that a programmer would decide after first using a brute-force method and seeing that it is too slow. It is not something that some who describes themselves as knowing nothing about game development should decide. Quite a lot of what you have said would be put under the category of implementation details. If you are designing a game, you don't care what the max texture is (and just FYI, 1024x1024 has been easily doable on graphics cards for years, so if you're looking for "photorealistic" graphics, you can do more than that, easily). Furthermore:

37.Everything around you must have an effect on the coaster.

Why? How does a trash can affect the roller coaster next to it? Or a tree? I think you're going overboard, and will end up making the game overly complicated.

IMO for someone who has no experience making a game, you have gone way overboard in tiny, insignificant details when you seem to have glossed over the big picture. You have missed the forest for the trees. Google around for how to create a design document for a game. There's some great resources that will help you get over the little, implementation details and instead actually design a game.

Best of luck.
Can somebody clue me in on what exactly this is about???

Quote:
If you need me to talk to company, just tell me which company, I'll check if it fake or not.

ok.... why would we ask you to talk to a company? what is your purpose in all of this?

Quote:
I don't know anything about game development, so I'll post here just to see if anyone going to do this a whole lot of work.

so you want us to make a game for you?

Quote:
blah blah ... xml ... blah blah integrated whatchamacallit ... blah blah ... allow users to ride their creation at the nearest kings island or disneyworld.. blah blah

I don't know anything about game development

You seem to THINK you know what your talking about anyways
Um, I just want this game to come true since I dreamt of it, it look so more like a 2050 roller coaster game. I know it might not. Yes, I know nothing about game development. So about the gameplay, It'll look similar like Ultimate Ride game and with more button and more keyboard shortcut, option to change the pitch, twist, length factor and then option to change part of mesh but yet a mix of 3D modeling program with a game. Yes I know it might be complicated. In real life, everything have an effect to something. But just not make it look fast and throw everything in the air which is obviously not real life. I'll go on a roller coaster game development thread. As for the export and import, I rather have a separate installer because there are people that might not care about importing/exporting .3D, .obj, or .fbx. I'll just move on to a roller coaster development thread.

And also, yes I want you guys to make a game for me for free and to sell,. Since I know nothing about game development.

I don't know what I'm talking about. So correct me if I'm wrong :)

And don't try to flame me just because I know nothing about you know what.

[Edited by - StylizedCarfan1 on March 1, 2008 8:59:23 AM]
The only way this might be vaguely possible is with a high budget, an elite team, and at least two years. This is a commercial-quality product that you are suggesting. Now, I don't mean to offend or otherwise upset you, but do you honestly think that a random person on online forums is likely to go up to a company and say: 'Oh, look. This is a great idea, why don't you try it.' and for the company to then reply: 'Oh yes, good plan. We'll make this HUGELY EXPENSIVE game, for an INDUSTRY OUTSIDER, for NO PAY.'

As I see it, you are essentially asking for somebody to make your dream game, and then get no profit out of it. Although some of your ideas are good, you stated that they are in other games. Violation of copyright, anybody? (I'm no copyright lawyer, but I think you could have a tiny bit of trouble there). Again, I must repeat: this is a commercial quality product. Do you really expect anybody to make it for free?

Sorry if I sound as though I'm flaming, or actively trying to upset you, but I'm simply speaking the cold, dark truth. This is unlikely unless:

a) You get a job in the industry, write a design document, and then pitch it to a publisher.

b) You fund it yourself, at a huge cost.

c) You aim a lot lower.

I'm sure it can be made, so I'm not aiming to deter you, but game development is HARD. A good quality 2D game (read: Flash) could be made for you for free perhaps, or maybe a low-quality 3D game. But this? This is a dream game. Dreams rarely come true. It's not impossible - but then, neither is winning the lottery. The odds are stacked against you.

Now, I'd like to say something. Many of your ideas are good, but too difficult to implement, or otherwise undoable. Scale it down and simplify it a LOT, flesh out your ideas, write out a good design - then, perhaps, you can get a team for it. I also recommend you read Tom Sloper's excellent range of guides for Game Designers to find out about the industry.

Good day, and good luck!
Dulce non decorum est.
This doesn't even remotely belong in this forum, which is about writing the _stories_ of games, so I'm moving it to the game design forum.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I don't want to turn you away from game development and everyone who starts in this sort of hobby or profession comes in with huge ambitions but you need to realistic. To reinforce what Delphinus said, getting someone to program a game for you, and then going off with it and selling it with no prophet for the programmer is insane. To show you what I mean, it can take a whole day just to make a nice pong clone, and that's a VERY simple game. Now think of what it would take to basically emulate reality on a computer, which is what you seem to be aiming for. Not only would this suck away heaps of time from the person who programs the game, but it is probably impossible. There is a reason that computer games have minimum requirements, and to have "no fake things" would require a supercomputer.

Now you also seem to know a bit about computer 3D from what I've read in your posts. I'm guessing you used a program like max or maya:

Quote:Original post by StylizedCarfan1

3.Mental Ray Render-Render feature of mental ray
15.The game itself must support bump, normal, and displacement map.-This one is self explainitory.
16.No fake roller coaster mesh, hate it.- This mean every little detail
28. Changing and realistic weather effect, when the roller coaster make sound energy through water, the water must be in higher frequency.-Real life does this, so add this.
40.Much more photorealistic.-This mean no fake stuffs, no fake bump, and no fake detail, no sharp edge, no bad looking render, the physic is real.
41.Add the ability to generate texture to an enviroment. Add normal, bump, displacement map to the enviroment as a tool to the terrain creator.-This is on the main menu where is terrain creator inside the game.
49.Unique texture for each track piece
52.There will be never the same texture for wood.
62.More than 100 material affecting roller coaster mesh along with the ability to edit UV, add texture and so on.
70.The cloud must look 3D

There is a reason that it takes hours just to render seconds of realistic footage in Maya or Max, and thats because it is very computationally taxing. So when you see fake bump maps or less than 100 materials or "fake" meshes in games, it's not just because the developers want to make you angry, but rather because computers cant handle photorealism. The most realistic game that I've played is Crysis, which has a render much less than Mental Ray, and uses "fake" meshes and bump maps. When you look at that game, it took hundreds of people around 2.5 years to make it and most modern PCs can hardly handle it.

All that said, if you really want to make your dream game, then I suggest that you do pursue it. There are many things to learn on this website and others. You could even get working on a game like this and make it as cool as you want if you spend enough time learning how to develop games. That would benefit you much more than having someone else do it for you. Also, there are many programmers on this site that would probably love to join a project such as yours, but they are very wary of failed projects. Most people don't want to waste time on a game that will never be finished. If you could tome down your expectations a little and try to learn some things about game development yourself, you could probably get much closer to finishing that dream project of yours than by asking other people to make it for you when most people believe that it is not possible. I'm serious though, you really should go for this. If you can follow through and take the initiative, I assure you that you will get much farther on this project and learn much more. Good luck.
I got no option but to develop it by myself with no damn help. Although I could model for 3D game, I know nothing about codes and stuffs. So oh well, this dream game isn't just going to be true, maybe I should think something else other than roller coaster game.Based on what you said, it'll take me over 10 years in order to create a game like that by myself.
No, not at all. I was simply saying that those details were impossible (or nigh-on). You could make a part-based rollercoaster sim in Flash, for example, and that could turn out very well. It's the details that kill it. I'd recommend getting a simple tool (like Flash or Game Maker) and whipping up some simple games to get an idea of the development process. Once you start to actually MAKE a game, it will be much easier to understand why we say it's so hard. For example, (I am a designer/writer, not a coder) I started to make a rhythm game in flash. It wasn't difficult at first... but then difficulties ramped up and up. Being non-industry, and still quite young (no full-time work), I simply hadn't got the time or patience, although I did have a small team (of my friends). I had deviated from my skill too much. Games are HARD. Like I said, try something like a simple, cartoony rollercoaster sim in Flash if you really MUST do one, but expect to be worked to the bone. I'm sure it's possible (in fact, I'm rapidly falling in love with the idea; maybe I'll try and form a team to create one) but it will be hard. Work hard though, and you have a project under your belt. More capable people will join you, and your skills will develop. Who knows, this might even be the story of the roots of a game company! Nonetheless, work hard, do your best, and everything will fall into place - that sim you were talking about may even become reality in 10, 15, 20 years time!

Until then, good luck!
Dulce non decorum est.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement