[web] Any browser based game design forum/resources to recommend?

Started by
5 comments, last by smitty1276 16 years, 1 month ago
I am in the process of making a simple browser based game similar to games such as Utopia, Earth 2025, Archmage etc. Are there any dedicated forums, websites or resources for this genre? Preliminary searches on Yahoo and Google doesn't seem to reveal much. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
What sort of information are you looking for exactly?
Not looking for anything in particular. Just wondering if there is a forum like this one but dedicated to browser game design/programming.
I've been in the process of making a game along those lines for about 4 years. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck finding a forum of people that are dedicated to discussing that sort of game development. However, if you want some tips, starter code, etc... I'd be happy to share.
Well, ultimately its just a bunch of cgi forms stuff, right? So any forum for PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc., should cover the programming side of it.

As far as the game design itself, I'm sure people here would be more than happy to discuss things with you.
Thanks a guys. :)

I am making this game as a casual hobby. Just got started and don't have specific questions.

It would be great to have a community forum so that I can read the ideas, thoughts and past discussions of topics related to browser based games though.
Quote:Original post by Girsanov
It would be great to have a community forum so that I can read the ideas, thoughts and past discussions of topics related to browser based games though.
I agree, but a search for "browser-based" on gamedev give 966 results, so there is at least some discussion archived here for you.

Best of luck with the game!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement