D3DXCreateFont signature differs between header file and MSDN

Started by
0 comments, last by jollyjeffers 16 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I've this small problem, but I can't fix that: I tried to use D3DXCreateFont function with this definition: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172773(VS.85).aspx but when I compile the source, I receive this error: "function does not take 12 arguments" So I "Went to definition" of the D3DXCreateFont function in VC++2008. It found this: HRESULT WINAPI D3DXCreateFont( LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pDevice, HFONT hFont, LPD3DXFONT* ppFont); ??? I don't understand why is this definition different from Microsoft's one... [Edited by - jollyjeffers on March 1, 2008 12:31:59 PM]
Advertisement
Firstly, please use more descriptive subject lines for your threads. A good subject line gets your thread attention which will get you answers - which, I assume, is what you're hoping for [smile]

Anyway

What SDK are you using? The online MSDN documentation is always the latest-and-greatest SDK version, November 2007 currently. I suspect you might have an older SDK installed which had a different implementation.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement