• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon_Strike

OpenGL cant start old project

This topic is 3793 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

well ive been lookingthrough my old archive of projects... and ive found an opengl project id like to run again... it compiles fine.. but all i get is a transparent window! i know this worked the last time i run it... however ive changed computer since then and im guessing some file is missing... a dll or something... im running on XP and right now ive got glee in the apropriate folders... what might be missing? and yea... back then i was just starting so i had absolutly ZERO error checking so i cant rly get any hint of whats wrong.. :( any ideas?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Dragon_Strike
however ive changed computer since then and im guessing some file is missing... a dll or something...

Not a DLL. If a DLL was missing, then the Windows dynamic linker would complain loudly when you attempt to run the exe.

Quote:
Original post by Dragon_Strike
any ideas?

Step through with a debugger.

tried stepping through it but didnt find out anything from it... ive tried the other stuff from my "archive" but none works... all of them has the same problem... and i know they worked 2 years ago when i made them...

Yeah I had a strange problem when upgrading HGE. Turned out I was never initializing the z value, but the library didn't use the value so it didn't make sense.

Anyways, those problems are a real bummer, but you do have the old executable that runs fine?

i have an old executable.. but its the same problem there... when i was running on vista it starts but all i get is a red screen with the fps text instead of transparent window...

Maybe you should try the executable on other computers, like maybe we could try it.

Because now I see it's not a library updating problem, like it was when I was updating old code. Unless you replaced the old DLLs with newer versions.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!