cant start old project

Started by
5 comments, last by Dragon_Strike 16 years, 1 month ago
well ive been lookingthrough my old archive of projects... and ive found an opengl project id like to run again... it compiles fine.. but all i get is a transparent window! i know this worked the last time i run it... however ive changed computer since then and im guessing some file is missing... a dll or something... im running on XP and right now ive got glee in the apropriate folders... what might be missing? and yea... back then i was just starting so i had absolutly ZERO error checking so i cant rly get any hint of whats wrong.. :( any ideas?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Dragon_Strike
however ive changed computer since then and im guessing some file is missing... a dll or something...

Not a DLL. If a DLL was missing, then the Windows dynamic linker would complain loudly when you attempt to run the exe.

Quote:Original post by Dragon_Strike
any ideas?

Step through with a debugger.
tried stepping through it but didnt find out anything from it... ive tried the other stuff from my "archive" but none works... all of them has the same problem... and i know they worked 2 years ago when i made them...
Yeah I had a strange problem when upgrading HGE. Turned out I was never initializing the z value, but the library didn't use the value so it didn't make sense.

Anyways, those problems are a real bummer, but you do have the old executable that runs fine?
i have an old executable.. but its the same problem there... when i was running on vista it starts but all i get is a red screen with the fps text instead of transparent window...

Maybe you should try the executable on other computers, like maybe we could try it.

Because now I see it's not a library updating problem, like it was when I was updating old code. Unless you replaced the old DLLs with newer versions.
ive tried it on two computers... no success... i find this extremly weird...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement