DirectX Looking For Wrong .dll file

Started by
13 comments, last by Nypyren 16 years ago
Quote:Original post by HandCraftedRadio
I already had both of those included.
Then the compiler can't find the files. Have you got your paths set up correctly?

In VC2005, you go to Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories, and make sure that the DirectX SDK paths are all added in each of the "Show directories for:" entries. Also note that the .lib file aren't in the "lib" directory, but in "lib/x86" or "lib/x64" for 64-bit builds.
In VC2008, the settings will be almost identical.
Advertisement
I had the directx lib and include paths set up. Are there any other paths i need to set for the other catagories?
Quote:Original post by HandCraftedRadio
I had the directx lib and include paths set up. Are there any other paths i need to set for the other catagories?
Nope. What about if you put the .h and .lib files in the same directory as your project (Just for testing)? That should tell you if it's a directory problem or something else.
Fixed. I had both the x64 and x86 paths set for the libraries. I removed the x64 path and it worked. I don't quite understand it but it works so I'm just going to leave it. Thanks, everyone, for your time and help.
The linker will usually search through paths until it finds a file with the same name as the one you want to link. If it stumbles across the x64 first and you want the x86, it won't even try the x86 one (vice versa, and same goes for include paths).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement