Tutorial problems

Started by
2 comments, last by Crypter 16 years, 1 month ago
Hello, so I've been tryng to learn the basics of DirectX and I'm wondering if there's a problem with this tutorial lesson: WARNING (don't attempt to run the code unless you feel confident) DirectX tutorial When I ran the code in VS2008 in debug mode it caused me *BIG* problems, it froze everything and I can no longer boot the computer (on a different one ATM). So I'm wondering if he forgot to do some shutdown code or something. Any suggestions as to how to get my computer up and running again? I'd really like to avoid reformatting Windows since I don't want to lose all my stuff. As it stands I can't even get into safe mode (it crashes before it gets into anything graphical).
Advertisement
Er.... I doubt you can blame that on the tutorial code. It sounds like that's just what was going on when your computer bought the farm.
The most obvious problem in the code is that it doesn't check any of D3D's return values. I consider that to be a bad thing, but it shouldn't kill your machine.
If you are on a different machine, you can always slave the bad hdd in the working machine to copy all of your data, *then* reinstall.

It sounds like a driver problem rather then a DX problem to me...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement