AI implemented

Started by
7 comments, last by kshandja 16 years ago
Hi, for new version of the game ZoX Universe - Space Arena we are developing AI. Here is a movie that shows 5 AI controlled characters fighting each other :
">AI playing and here is a movie with 5 humans players :
">Human playing i would like to hear your comments on AI :)
Advertisement
That's quite impressive! Your AI controlled characters displayed many of the behaviours I would expect from a human player... I'd be interested to see the outcome of a 4-human + 1-AI match where players had no idea who the AI was (so they wouldn't necessarily gang up on it).

I can see this as being a great beer & pizza table top game if you had a suitable device to play it on... I'm imagining something like an old table-top arcade machine but round with 5 control stations and a central screen... now THAT would be a great party game!

Cheers,

Timkin
looks like a great sandbox for AI. Compared to the human players, the AI players seem to move around a lot more.

The human strategy seems to be:
1) find a cluster of boxes
2) fire from that point until a bomb lands near me
3) find cover / push bomb so i have cover
4) find a new spot if my current cover is blown away

In the AI strategy 3/4 are the same, but there also seems to be a lot more evaluation of firing spot going on. I don't know if it's bad but it's different. How does your AI fare against skilled human opponents? That's the real metric to tell if your heuristics are working correctly.

Pretty impressive though; like I said, great sandbox for AI. Would be fun to play around with.

-me
@Timkin
hey thats interesting idea , for the 5 players machine :)

and we are going to put soon a movie with mix players to see the difference.

@Palidine

about the human tactics there is a layer that isnt seen , and that are human connection , brothers play together , or better opponent is using other not so good players to attack another good player and latter its easier to him to win , etc.

ai still dont use that :)
and you can test demo version here :

Demo

(Edited by mod to fix link)

[Edited by - Timkin on March 4, 2008 5:56:57 PM]
I am probably no help what so ever, but it appeared to me that the brownish one (usually in the bottom right corner) was more of a none AI system. It broke the structure the others where doing and for most of that video was just going in a triangle rarely firing and many times going away from one that was being shot at it then right before it blows up going into the bomb and getting hit. Other then that it appeared to be done very well and like how many normal players would play.
Looks very believable. The only fault I could find is that the AI seems way too good at estimating the exact blast radius of the bombs, and will often hang out just outside it - while most human players would run a bit farther just to be sure.

Seems like a fun variation on Bomberman.

Hi, this is another movie where we tested the AI players
which would be include in new version :

">AI vs human
Its very impressive. The AI is very good. They all almost look like humans.
Thanks to your comments on ZoX - Space Arena we are finnishing new version of it
ZoX - Space Atrena 2. More about it on our site

Free ZoX - Space Arena

To show our gratitude for your time to test and comment , we are giving for
free the ZoX - Space Arena :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement