Help with project

Started by
1 comment, last by ibebrett 16 years, 1 month ago
I need some help with my school project, me and some guys want to create a 3D library tha's both easy to use && portable. So: language- C++, I have Visual C++ 5 (thought about using VC6 but I heard it's buggy and let's face it, it's old!). So: in our project we aim to make a better GDI, one with 3D capabilities. We already thought about asking Microsoft for some support, especially for interplatform support, we want it for Linux and Mac too, and for the tricky parts (gimbal lock etc). So please tell us if it's feasible, we're not experienced and any help wud be welcome! Thx
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by asdqwe
I need some help with my school project, me and some guys want to create a 3D library tha's both easy to use && portable. So: language- C++, I have Visual C++ 5 (thought about using VC6 but I heard it's buggy and let's face it, it's old!).
So: in our project we aim to make a better GDI, one with 3D capabilities. We already thought about asking Microsoft for some support, especially for interplatform support, we want it for Linux and Mac too, and for the tricky parts (gimbal lock etc).
So please tell us if it's feasible, we're not experienced and any help wud be welcome!
Thx

You mean Visual C++ 2005, right? Don't call it '5', that will just confuse people. The compiler version for that is 8.0, I think. If this is for a school project how long do you have? What experience do you have with 3D? I think the biggest concern you'll face is time vs. the number of features you want. Plan the project out and estimate how long it will take to reach each milestone. I'm sure other people with have other suggestions.

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

What exactly do you mean by Gimbol Lock, and why do you think Microsoft will help you avoid it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement