Wierd tile resolution (2D)

Started by
4 comments, last by yewbie 16 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I'm making a rpg 2D game, tile-based. I decided to use 32x32 pixel tiles, but now it looks so small when I play my game. And thought, this is not correct and I compared with another game I used to play. The other game are alot bigger tiles! but they also use 32x32.. so What's the problem? And how do I fix it? Here is my comparing screenshot: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/gfjfgjfgj.JPG Thank you!
Advertisement
Maybe the other game runs at a lower resolution than yours?
Yeah the other game defiantly has lower resolution, try it yourself, either that or it upscales the tiles =)
Actually Tibia renders everything into a fixed resolution back buffer, then scaling that to fit into the window. This prevents the player from seeing outside the view port and it's easier to implement and faster that way.
blah :)
Quote:Original post by kolrabi
Actually Tibia renders everything into a fixed resolution back buffer, then scaling that to fit into the window. This prevents the player from seeing outside the view port and it's easier to implement and faster that way.

Could you give me some more information about this? And how to do it?

Thank you so much everyone!
you could have your whole screen drawn to some off screen surface then just cut out your screen area for your resolution via a plotter (thats what I do in my game)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement