SDL focus other apps in fullscreen

Started by
2 comments, last by kev000 16 years, 1 month ago
Hiya! I'm creating a boot menu for the games my classmates and I've created in Torque, Game Maker etc(sitting on windows). I use C++ and SDL and use the system() call to run the executables. If I run the program in windowed mode, it all works as expected. -The game starts up, I can play and when I quit it goes back into the menu. But I have a problem when I init video with SDL_FULLSCREEN parameter. What happens is when I run another executable it doesn't change focus to the new application. The game starts though, sound works and it receives the input, but I can't jump to it (using alt+tab or similar). I'm stuck in the frozen SDL application. I found the SetActiveWindow function (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646311(VS.85).aspx) when searching for solutions, but I'm not sure it would help me since it seems that the window is active (receives input) and I don't want to switch to win32 programming either. Can't find much else and can't figure it out. Any takers?
Advertisement
Why don't you just bring the boot menu window out of full-screen mode, or kill it completely before calling your friend's game?
Quote:Original post by MJPWhy don't you just bring the boot menu window out of full-screen mode
Heh, didn't think of that actually. I'll try that out. Hopefully it'll look OK in terms of aesthetics. Thanks :)

Quote:Original post by MJP..or kill it completely before calling your friend's game?
The plan is to put the menu into an arcade cabinet and if I kill it, it need to boot up again after the other game quits. Out of curiosity, how would I achieve that functionality?
Quote:Original post by m_pBjrn
Quote:Original post by MJPWhy don't you just bring the boot menu window out of full-screen mode
Heh, didn't think of that actually. I'll try that out. Hopefully it'll look OK in terms of aesthetics. Thanks :)

Quote:Original post by MJP..or kill it completely before calling your friend's game?
The plan is to put the menu into an arcade cabinet and if I kill it, it need to boot up again after the other game quits. Out of curiosity, how would I achieve that functionality?

you could just iconify (minimize) it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement