Sign in to follow this  

[C/C++] Win32 api TreeView

This topic is 3574 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, When I created a treeview using win32 API, when I press the down or up key, the selected item doesn't go up/down. I am developing under Embedded Visual C++ (for smartphone 2003). Please don't reply telling me to use VB or C#.net for smartphone 2003. Does anyone have any idea how to manually detect keypress for the treeview? And how to have the highlighted item to go up and down when user presses the up and down key? Thanks!

If the treeview has focus pressing the arrow keys should move the selection without you having to do anything manually. If it doesn't you're doing something wrong. My guess would be that you're not forwarding stuff to DefWindowProc when you should be but who knows.

I suppose it's also possible that the treeview implementation for smartphones is wildly different in this area than it is for normal Windows, but that seems unlikely.

i googled and it turns out i shouldn't be using defdlgproc in a dialog's proc...

what else could be a solution to the treeview not getting key input (up/down)?

i tried SetFocus(treeViewHwnd);...but still doesn't work...

:(

I have a Tree-View in a dialog box in my (PC) Win32 app, and it responds to keyboard input just fine. I didn't do anything fancy to make it work, it's just a modeless dialog where the parent window's message pump uses IsDialogMessage to send off messages intended for the dialog box.

This topic is 3574 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.