Sign in to follow this  
Auriya

*SOLVED* [SDL] Help with Map-Editor

Hello everyone! I've been working on a map editor for a future project since yesterday, and it seems that it's more work than I anticipated, also I think I'm not very efficient with programming just yet, also I don't have a clue of how to implement some things, so I was wondering if the wise guru's on here could lend me a hand with this. My no.1 problem is auto-tiles, I have no idea of how to implement those. Here is an example of an autotile format I want to use, I took it from a popular application I used to work with years ago called RPGMakerXP:
http://i31.tinypic.com/fmrot2.jpg
Also I have uploaded my project's source to Rapidshare (free download), so if anyone can take a preview at it and tell me what I can do better in what way, and maybe a short example or a link to a web-page which can explain me on what to do.
HEAVELY OUTDATED: http://rapidshare.com/files/96991360/GameDev_Map-Editor_upload.zip.html
I left the above download link for those who would still like to take a look at it.
The project is least functional and doesn't do much yet since I'm still working on the GUI (garbage graphics for now, till the whole thing works.) The reason the whole thing isn't zipped as a project is cause I am using Xcode on OSX. But if you want the whole project zipped, I could upload that as well. (The project uses SDL, SDL_Image, SDL_Mixer and SDL_TTF.) As I'm still quite a beginner at this, please bear with me as I'm trying to learn a lot at once, even though it's working, it goes quite slow. >_< Thanks in advance! ~Auriya [Edited by - Auriya on March 7, 2008 6:04:11 PM]

Hey, yeah I did. I found it before, but I'm more interested in trying it myself and I've actually made huge progress where the whole project now works exactly as I wanted it to, so the above has already been solved, I'll update the title, sorry for the trouble. :]