Sign in to follow this  
jdub

How Do I specify The Location Of A Project in VC# 2005?

When you create a project in Visual C# 2005, how do you specify it's location? Do I have to do this another way?

You can also set the default project folder if you don't want to browse away from C:\......\Documents\Visu.....

Just go to Tools>Options>Projects and Solutions>Visual Studio projects location

I always use another drive because if my PC starts to act strange, I use to format my C:\ drive and I'm afraid I might forget to move my stuff and lose it (I know, I'd better use some versioning system or at least backup...)

Quote:
Original post by BiGF00T
I always use another drive because if my PC starts to act strange, I use to format my C:\ drive and I'm afraid I might forget to move my stuff and lose it (I know, I'd better use some versioning system or at least backup...)
You can in that case just move the entire Documents directory onto another drive; on XP right-click My Documents on the desktop, go into Properties and (I think, from memory) there's a tab with a Move button on it. On Vista, just cut and paste the contents of the directory onto your secondary drive.

(To verify this, try cutting and pasting the [My] Pictures directory somewhere silly, then open Paint and try to save - it'll automatically be pointing at the new location).

Thanks for your replies. Visual C# express is different than Visual Studio in the way that it writes your project to disk when you "save" it for the first time (It prompts for a project location). Another question:

How do I compile individual files in VC# 2005? On Visual Studio you can right click on a file and you are given the option to compile, On this I can't select compile from right clicking the file.