Sign in to follow this  
Pox

[Allegro] anti-aliased ellipses?

Hey all, new around here :) I'm fooling around with Allegro, and nothing will come of it likely - but it's fun all the same, and might get something useful if I think of anything original (not likely). Anyway, I'm just making pretty patterns with colourful circles at the moment, but they're not that pretty: aliasing is fugly. I'm using the ellipsefill() function, and I have set set_alpha_blender(): This allows me to render alpha-blended (ie AAed) sprites from a 32-bit TGA, but doesn't change the functionality of the ellipsefill function... basically what I want to know is (a) does Allegro offer the functionality to draw AAed circles, and if not, (b) what would be the best way to go about implementing this? I could write a function that loads in a massive AAed 32-bit sprite of a circle, recolours it and blits it - but it seems like I'd be reinventing the wheel, something I'm stolidly against. Alternatively, are there any other OSS 2D engines people could recommend? Preferably something as easy as Allegro (<3 <3 <3 simplicity) that's reasonably easy to set up on a Linux system. TIA for any replies.

Allegro does not support anti-aliased primitives. You can try searching for them on Google or allegro.cc, but I'm not aware of any well maintained add-ons that provide that functionality.

You may be better off with a vector graphics library.