• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Pox

[Allegro] anti-aliased ellipses?

This topic is 3856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, new around here :) I'm fooling around with Allegro, and nothing will come of it likely - but it's fun all the same, and might get something useful if I think of anything original (not likely). Anyway, I'm just making pretty patterns with colourful circles at the moment, but they're not that pretty: aliasing is fugly. I'm using the ellipsefill() function, and I have set set_alpha_blender(): This allows me to render alpha-blended (ie AAed) sprites from a 32-bit TGA, but doesn't change the functionality of the ellipsefill function... basically what I want to know is (a) does Allegro offer the functionality to draw AAed circles, and if not, (b) what would be the best way to go about implementing this? I could write a function that loads in a massive AAed 32-bit sprite of a circle, recolours it and blits it - but it seems like I'd be reinventing the wheel, something I'm stolidly against. Alternatively, are there any other OSS 2D engines people could recommend? Preferably something as easy as Allegro (<3 <3 <3 simplicity) that's reasonably easy to set up on a Linux system. TIA for any replies.

Advertisement
Allegro does not support anti-aliased primitives. You can try searching for them on Google or allegro.cc, but I'm not aware of any well maintained add-ons that provide that functionality.

You may be better off with a vector graphics library.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!