Sign in to follow this  

DirectSound question

This topic is 3571 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody, I am developing a player with c# and I want to be able to listen to internet radios. How can I open a live radio stream (http://91.121.125.91:8000 for example?) in c#? can I do it with DirectSound? If so, how do I do it? Thank you very much in advance!!!!

An Internet radio station is just a streaming MP3, so you just keep downloading MP3 data and decoding it. DirectSound doesn't have native support for MP3s, you'd have to use DirectShow, or some library like FMod.

Thanks!!

I have already succeded in playing MP3 files with the Audio class of Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.

Could you please give me an example of how I would keep downloading MP3 data of a live radio stream from the internet?

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Original post by ermutarra
Thanks!!

I have already succeded in playing MP3 files with the Audio class of Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.

Could you please give me an example of how I would keep downloading MP3 data of a live radio stream from the internet?

Thank you very much!
Depends what networking library you're using. It's no different to downloading a file from a web server. I only know of C++ code with Winsock, which won't be much good to you if you're using .NET.

This topic is 3571 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.