DirectSound question

Started by
2 comments, last by Evil Steve 16 years, 1 month ago
Hi everybody, I am developing a player with c# and I want to be able to listen to internet radios. How can I open a live radio stream (http://91.121.125.91:8000 for example?) in c#? can I do it with DirectSound? If so, how do I do it? Thank you very much in advance!!!!
Advertisement
An Internet radio station is just a streaming MP3, so you just keep downloading MP3 data and decoding it. DirectSound doesn't have native support for MP3s, you'd have to use DirectShow, or some library like FMod.
Thanks!!

I have already succeded in playing MP3 files with the Audio class of Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.

Could you please give me an example of how I would keep downloading MP3 data of a live radio stream from the internet?

Thank you very much!
Quote:Original post by ermutarra
Thanks!!

I have already succeded in playing MP3 files with the Audio class of Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.

Could you please give me an example of how I would keep downloading MP3 data of a live radio stream from the internet?

Thank you very much!
Depends what networking library you're using. It's no different to downloading a file from a web server. I only know of C++ code with Winsock, which won't be much good to you if you're using .NET.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement