Sign in to follow this  

Wxwidget

This topic is 3569 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am using VS2005 and i tried to run the "Hello World" by Robert Roebling given in tutorials.I am using wxMSW-2.8.7 setup. when i tried to compile i got the error "c:\wxwidgets-2.8.7\include\wx\platform.h(196) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/setup.h': No such file or directory" I tried to copy setup.h from include folder and pasted in lib folder but it was of no use. Can any one suggest step by step procedure to solve this error

As I remember, setup.h is an extra platform specific header which is not in the normal include directory. It's somewhere in the wx build output directory as I remember so all you need to do is add that directory to your include directories.

Quote:
Original post by vicer
i am using VS2005 and i tried to run the "Hello World" by Robert Roebling given in tutorials.I am using wxMSW-2.8.7 setup.

when i tried to compile i got the error
"c:\wxwidgets-2.8.7\include\wx\platform.h(196) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/setup.h': No such file or directory"

I tried to copy setup.h from include folder and pasted in lib folder but it was of no use.

Can any one suggest step by step procedure to solve this error

After including the setup.h from the \wxWidgets-2.8.7\include\wx\msw i am getting the same error.

This topic is 3569 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.