Sign in to follow this  
Firos12

XNA Problem

Hello all, I just Downloaded Microsoft XNA and Visual C# Express, but I have a problem creating Projects in XNA I get this following error: The Application for WindowsGame1.csproj is not installed, make sure the application for the Project type (.csproj) is installed Why am I getting this error, C# is installed. Can someone help me?

Sounds like something borked during installation. Not sure if it matters but did you install Express 2005 and then XNA?

I think both programs have "repair" options for installation.

Quote:
Original post by Firos12
Hello all,

I just Downloaded Microsoft XNA and Visual C# Express, but I have a problem creating Projects in XNA I get this following error:

The Application for WindowsGame1.csproj is not installed, make sure the application for the Project type (.csproj) is installed

Why am I getting this error, C# is installed. Can someone help me?

did you download them in that order? i think that you should probably uninstall them both and start over again

Well see heres the weird thing though, when I tried to Uninstall Visual C# to start over, I got an error message saying "Setup is unable to determine a valid ordering for the installation." So it's like it was never installed. I downloaded a fresh copy of C# multiple times, tried to install it all the setup gave me was Modify that wouldn't work, Reinstall or repair, tried this nothing different, or remove other programs. So from what I've seen, it detects C# files, but doesn't repair them. This is weird lol, please help.

Also I got the same error when I tried to make a project in C# I can't write or edit code because the project never creates because of this weirdness. They were installed like the instructions said, C# first then XNA.

Make sure you're using C# 2005, not 2008. 2008 isn't supported yet.

Also, it should be possible to create an account to log in to the XNA forums even if you don't own an Xbox. If it asks you for Xbox ID or something like that, just leave it blank.

This is what you should do, uninstall both.

Then install Visual 2005 C# Express. Then do all the updates for C# 2005.

After you are done, do all critical window updates, then restart your machine.

Then install XNA.

That should fix you right up.

theTroll