Sign in to follow this  
vicer

web based gui

Hi, I am using MFC for my GUI in my application which is working on web.Now I want my application to be cross platform ie it should support MAC and windows. I am thinking of using : Cegui, Wxwidget, Fltk. anyone of these for my gui.Can anyone suggest which will be the best gui library which will support web application and cross platform.

Quote:
Original post by vicer
MFC
CEGUI
wxWidgets
FLTK

Can anyone suggest which will be the best gui library which will support web application and cross platform.

Huh? As far as I know, none of those support web GUIs. For a Web GUI you need either HTML/CSS, Java or Flash/Flex - the latter of which would be my personal recomendation.

Quote:
Original post by vicer
...my application which is working on web.
...Can anyone suggest which will be the best gui library which will support web application...

By "web application" do you mean something that can be viewed in a browser, or just an application that accesses the internet?

If the former, then you can't use any of those... you must use HTML, etc...
If the latter, then the choice of GUI is irrelevant to the location of your data streams, so use any that are cross-platform (i.e. not MFC).

[EDIT] alternatively, you could use Wt, which is a C++ GUI system that outputs HTML/CSS/JS for you...

Quote:
Original post by vicer
Hi,
I am using MFC for my GUI in my application which is working on web.Now
I want my application to be cross platform ie it should support MAC and
windows. I am thinking of using :
Cegui,
Wxwidget,
Fltk.
anyone of these for my gui.Can anyone suggest which will be the best gui
library which will support web application and cross platform.

Thanks for ur replies.
Its just an application that accesses the internet.So which would be the preferred GUI library as far as features are concerned.Any suggestion on how to
integrate the new GUI library replacing MFC from the existing application.

Quote:
Original post by vicer
Its just an application that accesses the internet.So which would be the preferred GUI library as far as features are concerned.Any suggestion on how to
integrate the new GUI library replacing MFC from the existing application.

Any application can access the internet - it doesn't even have to be a GUI application. And choice of GUI toolkit is completely immaterial to networking.