Sign in to follow this  
y2jsave

find password help

suppose i have an account on gmail.com and my password has only characters in it . how to write a program in c++ to test each combination of characters and then find the correct password............. thanks

You would most likely use a bot, and most sites have provisions to prevent such attacks and protect the server from constant postbacks. i.e. Login attempts before locking the account and distorted image verification, to force user input and slow them down.

Quote:
Original post by Daedalus AI
You would most likely use a bot, and most sites have provisions to prevent such attacks and protect the server from constant postbacks. i.e. Login attempts before locking the account and distorted image verification, to force user input and slow them down.

what do u mean by bot

Forget bots.

Best way to do this would be to visit BlackHat conference. They present a new attack method each year. Usually they involve network sniffing or cookie based attacks.

Brute force simply doesn't work, and even if it does, it would take years, if not decades, simply due to long round-trip time.