• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyDeemo

DirectInput help.

This topic is 3786 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Right so i'm making a kind of demo app from source code and reading the book 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0c a Shader approach by Frank D Luna. I'm trying to optimise the code a little bit and get rid of globals and things he uses for clarity. I'm up to the point where i want to get some basic DirectInput working, and i've followed the example quite closely. I can't see any problem in the set up but it simply won't recognise my key presses or mouse clicks. I was wondering if someone could have a look at my source code and point out where i'm going wrong. I think its something to do with the window handle and how it links with the DInput. I used the method described here to avoid using a global in the msg proc. Here is my project, its very basic and just cobbled together really, if someone could shed some light on it for me then thats great. [Edited by - JimmyDeemo on March 6, 2008 10:24:49 AM]

Advertisement
I've just realised this might be better placed in the DirectX section. Also sorry for posting a link to my whole project, but it would take up a huge amount of space to post the code snippets. Seen as it compiles and runs, i don't really know where the problem lies.

Edit: I am really stuck with this, i can't see what the problem is at all. If someone could spare a few mins to dl and have a look it will be much appreciated.

[Edited by - JimmyDeemo on March 6, 2008 3:52:20 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!