Sign in to follow this  
JimmyDeemo

DirectInput help.

Right so i'm making a kind of demo app from source code and reading the book 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0c a Shader approach by Frank D Luna. I'm trying to optimise the code a little bit and get rid of globals and things he uses for clarity. I'm up to the point where i want to get some basic DirectInput working, and i've followed the example quite closely. I can't see any problem in the set up but it simply won't recognise my key presses or mouse clicks. I was wondering if someone could have a look at my source code and point out where i'm going wrong. I think its something to do with the window handle and how it links with the DInput. I used the method described here to avoid using a global in the msg proc. Here is my project, its very basic and just cobbled together really, if someone could shed some light on it for me then thats great. [Edited by - JimmyDeemo on March 6, 2008 10:24:49 AM]

I've just realised this might be better placed in the DirectX section. Also sorry for posting a link to my whole project, but it would take up a huge amount of space to post the code snippets. Seen as it compiles and runs, i don't really know where the problem lies.

Edit: I am really stuck with this, i can't see what the problem is at all. If someone could spare a few mins to dl and have a look it will be much appreciated.

[Edited by - JimmyDeemo on March 6, 2008 3:52:20 PM]