Poppin - Our first game (WIP)

Started by
10 comments, last by evicubix 16 years ago
Hi everyone, We're at Cubix Studio are going to make our very first game in our spare time between doing art contract work. The game mechanic is going to be very simple, considering we're mostly artist at Cubix Studio. Here is some pre-production images and some updates as well : Title: yoyofirstpagesi3.jpg Early Concept: Mockup Screen: One of the 3D creatures is done: We create a blog dedicated for this project, lots of pre-production images & concept in there :P, feel free to give feedbacks / comments about anything, We just passed the concepting stage last week, and this week we're creating the actual asset of the game. Link: Cubix Interactive http://cubixstudio.blogspot.com/ thanks a lot,
___________________________________Evi - artist at Cubix StudioOur Art Studio - Cubix StudioOur Game - Cubix Interactive
Advertisement
here some more updates, we got 2 updates for today yayyy :D

first is the 2nd creature, actually this is pretty easy to do, we just don't have the time to finish it until today:

second one is Poppin's weapon, a super duper magical yoyo :P :

a gif animation of it, just for fun:

more updates tomorrow (hopefully)
___________________________________Evi - artist at Cubix StudioOur Art Studio - Cubix StudioOur Game - Cubix Interactive
Looks good.
Quote:Original post by elcabin
Looks good.

hey thanks a lot elcabin :D
sorry took me a while to reply :P

anyway, here is the last creature that will become Poppin's enemy, but at the same time it will also give her some kind of special power :P

also a little bit of change on the title, we want to make it a looks cuter :P

[Edited by - evicubix on March 14, 2008 11:30:11 AM]
What are you using for the programming part?
Quote:Original post by Boder
What are you using for the programming part?

Hi Boder, we are planning to use Unity Engine for the programming side,
because we saw that their documentation is very good, and lots of small games have been released using Unity Engine, maybe you could take a look into it:

Link:
http://www.unity3d.com/
I don't know why this topic hasn't got more love, I really find the art style to be loverly and whimsical.

2 comments, however:
- The lighting on the Yoyo just doesn't work if it's going to be rotating like that in-game. I'd probably suggest either dropping the directional diffuse altogether (And replacing it with vertex lighting or an environment map if your tech supports it), or maybe ditching the rotation and just giving it the impression of rotation by animating the texture.

- I'm not sure if it's a typo or intentional, but your byline says "Helping Poppin defends the village". If you're going for that sorta pseudo-lolcat speak it's cool, though. :)
Quote:Original post by PlayfulPuppy
I don't know why this topic hasn't got more love, I really find the art style to be loverly and whimsical.

2 comments, however:
- The lighting on the Yoyo just doesn't work if it's going to be rotating like that in-game. I'd probably suggest either dropping the directional diffuse altogether (And replacing it with vertex lighting or an environment map if your tech supports it), or maybe ditching the rotation and just giving it the impression of rotation by animating the texture.

- I'm not sure if it's a typo or intentional, but your byline says "Helping Poppin defends the village". If you're going for that sorta pseudo-lolcat speak it's cool, though. :)

Thanks a lot PlayfulPuppy :D

- you're totally right about the lighting, i guess we should just remove the shadow and change it to a symbol/logo that at least indicating the yoyo is spinning, hmm... if i have some free time later i'll change it again :D

- not sure if i understand this part though hehehe... it's a typo i guess
is it supposed to be without "s" ?? i use broken english all the time.. :P
btw, for some reason the image thumbnail doesn't show up, so here it is again:

Here's some updates from us in the weekend :D
Finally the background is done, also we got some time to work on Poppin's model,
right now she doesn't have the texture yet, only flat color for now, we plan to finish it next week :P

also thanks to PlayfulPuppy who letting me know about the grammar mistakes on the title, i fixed it too :D (someone else also mention the same thing on another forum :D)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement