Sign in to follow this  

Problem with ID3DXSprite

This topic is 3566 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is bothering me for some time, and I did not manage to find an answer to my problem by searching the net, and so I am posting this here. I am using ID3DXSprite to draw my sprites on screen All works nice when the RECT* parameter of the Draw() function is NULL (it draws all the texture). Now the problem begins when I try to draw a piece of my sprite sheet. I found the sprite sheet here: http://xnagamedev.com/xna-basics/how-to-animate-sprites-via-sprite-sheets-in-xna-game-studio-express It looks like this: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/> One frame has it's size of 50x95. I use a RECT with properties right = 50, bottom = 95, top = left = 0. After i call Sprite->Draw() with these parameters, it apears that only a quarter of the frame is drawn: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/> I think that some scaling is done too, because the original resolution is not kept. Can anyone help me with this problem? [Edited by - Overdrive on March 7, 2008 9:43:05 AM]

Make sure your sprite sheet image file is save as a "power-of-2" size ... such as 1024 wide x 128 high (in this case).

When you are loading your current file into a texture, it is probably being stretched to a power-of-2 size, which is why you would be seeing scaling (and blurriness).

Also, if a frame is 50x95, why wouldn't you make your rect be 50x95?

-Matt

This topic is 3566 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.