• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MartenX

OpenGL Selection using the back buffer and color codes

This topic is 3759 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently reimplemented my selection code as the std. OpenGL selection was really slow on some systems. I decided to use the backbuffer and a "color coded" approach as described e.g in the Red Book. (Basically a separate rendering pass without lighting, blending, fog and textures where each and every object can be identified by its unique color) This worked very well and I got rid of all performance issues but once again there were errors on some systems. I figured out that if the display driver is configured to use/enforce anti-aliasing, the colors are incorrect at the object's borders... Does anybody have any idea, how to solve this? Thanks in advance!! Marten [Edited by - MartenX on March 7, 2008 3:36:13 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!