Sign in to follow this  
Skeezix

Problem with wxWidgets NEED HELP

well the thing is i followed the tutorial on the site's wiki on installing the wxWidgets...but when i tried compiling the " 'Hello world' in wxWidgets: A Very Short Tutorial" example lots of error that looks the same came out, the errors are: frame.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(frame.o)(.rdata$_ZTV7wxFrame+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxFrame' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV7wxFrame+0x0) first defined here object.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(object.o)(.rdata$_ZTV15wxObjectRefData+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxObjectRefData' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV15wxObjectRefData+0x0) first defined here menu.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(menu.o)(.rdata$_ZTV14wxMenuItemList+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxMenuItemList' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV14wxMenuItemList+0x0) first defined here menu.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(menu.o)(.rdata$_ZTV6wxMenu+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxMenu' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV6wxMenu+0x0) first defined here icon.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(icon.o)(.rdata$_ZTV6wxIcon+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxIcon' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV6wxIcon+0x0) first defined here icon.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(icon.o)(.rdata$_ZTV13wxIconRefData+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxIconRefData' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV13wxIconRefData+0x0) first defined here menucmn.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(menucmn.o)(.rdata$_ZTV10wxMenuBase+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxMenuBase' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV10wxMenuBase+0x0) first defined here menucmn.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(menucmn.o)(.rdata$_ZTV20wxwxMenuItemListNode+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxwxMenuItemListNode' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV20wxwxMenuItemListNode+0x0) first defined here list.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxmsw.a(list.o)(.rdata$_ZTV10wxListBase+0x0) multiple definition of `vtable for wxListBase' main.cpp C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\main.o(.data$_ZTV10wxListBase+0x0) first defined here C:\Dev-Cpp\projs\wx\Makefile.win [Build Error] [Project1.exe] Error 1 well im using devc++....please help me...can't start anything with this problem

While I don't know anything about wxWidgets specifically, I do know that using an outdated tool like Dev C++ will cause headaches for any kind of development. It would be best to acquire a more up to date development environment.

i know devc++ is kind of old but i just want to try wxWidgets and devc++ is the compiler i got now...can anyone help me with this???

now im using codeblocks ide...i tried reading the wiki on installing wxWidgets on it...it ran but when i tried compiling i get lots of errors too

Goto the WxWidgets forum and search mingw+compilation posts.

it's a little tricky to compile with MinGW ("standard" compiler indevcpp and code::blocks), shortly you should use minsys, and execute something like this, in it:

>configure --with-msw --enable-monolithic --enable-shared --disable-debug --enable-optimise
(put your option here)
and
>make