Raw Input - Usage pages?

Started by
3 comments, last by webwraith 16 years, 1 month ago
Has anyone got a list, or know where to get a list, of all the usage pages used by Windows HIDs? I've looked on MSDN, and there's only one or two. Call it morbid curiosity, but I'd like to know what Windows can and can't access
Advertisement
Information about window's raw input was not to easy to find when I was implementing it, yet the information is there (sort of) if you search for it,

For example the msdn page shows an example for telephony, yet try and find this info.
Raw input example
Some usage pages
Same sort of info as previous link about usage pages
Thanks for that, my point exactly is that Windows doesn't seem to want us to use raw input, or at least to make it rather difficult. The second link especially is most helpful, so cheers
Something that's not listed in that table is usage page 1, usage 8, which is 6DOF devices such as Space Navigator, if you happen to be interested in those.

Raw input is ugly and badly documented on purpose. Your guess is right, you are not supposed to use it at all (mostly because raw input is just that... RAW, there is no calibration, no mouse ballistics, no key repeat, no remapping, nothing).

However, for some applications or some devices, it is nevertheless still the best (or only) way to do it.
Cheers, Samoth, that's exactly what I figured. Nonetheless... do you know what the others might be? Or where I might find them? I'm Googling right now...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement