You're not a real programmer until you've written a...

Started by
101 comments, last by eedok 16 years, 1 month ago
You're not a real programmer until you've dropped an vaguely XKCD comic into a forum thread.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
You're never a real programmer.
I was a real programmer... once....

*stares off into the distance with a haunted look in his eyes*
Quote:Original post by rip-off
You're never a real programmer.

QFT
Quine in brainfuck.

I wish I could say I fit this criteria...
I mean, why would you get your medical advice anywhere else?
You're not a real programmer until you've forgotten a semicolon.

You're not a real programmer until you've made an MMO (get crackin', GD-n00bs!).

You're not a real programmer until you've spent three days debugging code that took three minutes to write.

You're not a real programmer until you've killed aleins and doesn't afraid of anything.

You're not a real programmer until you've forgotten to sleep.

You're not a real programmer until you've bought an $80 book just for the content of one 10-page chapter.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

Okay, okay, I get the point. I'll play along now.
Quote:Original post by JBourrie
You're not a real programmer until you've killed aleins and doesn't afraid of anything.

You're not a real programmer until you write a web crawler that generates statements about GDNet members based on their posting history.

[Edited by - capn_midnight on March 10, 2008 2:16:25 PM]

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

your not a real programmer until you've realized that your not as good as you thought you were.
You're not a real programmer until you've written a requirement specification with a picture of a cat eating a dog blown up over 104 pages and gotten it approved.

You're not a real programmer until you've written a "There's no place like home" sign and hung it in your cubicle.

You're not a real programmer until you've written a CV, got a job off of it and managed to keep that job for at least 2 years. Perception is reality and if you've managed to fool someone for that long, you might as well be a real programmer.
Yes, but what is a "real" programmer? Are there any "fake" programmers?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement