• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Moogy

Unity [web] Should we use a CMS or build from scratch?

This topic is 3868 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

We're looking to build something similiar in nature to MySpace (basically a community center), but with ties to custom data and completely unique graphics and some unique features. Our system will manage accounts, billing, user profile data, forums, galleries, and more. Given the above generic details, I am hoping to get some feedback on whether or not we should seriously consider an existing CMS system, or if we would probably waste more time adopting a CMS system and adjusting it to our needs vs. just building our system from scratch. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
If you know what you're doing, and you plan to have as many users as myspace, you're better off building it from scratch.

But, you will not grow as large as myspace.

Yah, we're not looking to be "large" just function properly and offer a good set of features. I'm leaning towards building from scratch as well, but I wanted to find out if any other big successful CMS-based custom sites were out there - and the devs happy as clams.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!