• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mofo88088

Help save JPOD!!!

This topic is 3857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Jpod is a one-hour comedic television show that airs on the CBC. It chronicles the lives of Ethan Jarlewski and his eclectic mix of co-workers at the fictional video games company Neotronic Arts. Episodes feature pot growing moms, Chinese gangsters, annoying corporate clowns, sexy animators and coders, and gore filled video games. Best of all it has Alan Thicke. Alan "Growing Freaking Pains" Thicke! How can you possible go wrong with that! Unfortunately, the geriatric geniuses that run the CBC have decided not to renew the show for the 2008-2009 season. However, there is a vocal and growing fan base that is trying to bring it back for next season. There is still hope for this contemporary, topical, witty, intelligent, funny show. So if you've never seen it, watch all the current episodes here: http://www.cbc.ca/jpod/ And check out this site on how you can help save the show: http://www.savejpod.ca/ Thanks! Sim@CanDevs

Advertisement
Oh man, I read the book for my novel study in grade 11, and boy was it WEIRD. It's the most absurd piece of literature I've ever read, and possibly in existence. However, it's one of two novels, of the many I've read in school, that has stuck with me. I hope they don't cancel :(

I'm sorry, as a developer at EA we were all so excited for this series. Boy was I ever let down. Let me tell you though, I fought hard to not change the channel through the first episode. I swear I tried to hang on, but it just kept getting worst and worst, what's with the guy who doesn't want to wear a shirt?

Absolutely nothing in this show makes sense. Everything is all over the place, the acting is horrible! The first episode the mother of one of the programmers kills someone and they spend the episode getting rid of the body like it's no big deal.

All these aspects of the show are very BC related, and could be very funny, but it all just felt like they were trying too hard to be funny with it. If they went with more of an Office Space / Dilbert approach to it, I think it could have been a very hilarious show.

Anyways sorry for the rant, I hope it doesn't screw things up for any game industry related shows in the future because it's a great market for comedy.

I tried watching a bit of the first episode. It really didn't strike me as being that great.

Quote:
Original post by Dancin_Fool
Absolutely nothing in this show makes sense. Everything is all over the place, the acting is horrible! The first episode the mother of one of the programmers kills someone and they spend the episode getting rid of the body like it's no big deal.

I dunno if you've read the book that the series is based on, but that's exactly what happens. It's extremely absurd. I think they've done a good job of reproducing the absurdity. However, I do agree on the terrible acting (so far; half way through first episode).

Quote:
Original post by Dancin_Fool
I hope it doesn't screw things up for any game industry related shows in the future because it's a great market for comedy.

See: Code Monkeys on G4.

Quote:
Original post by Karan Bhangui

I dunno if you've read the book that the series is based on, but that's exactly what happens. It's extremely absurd. I think they've done a good job of reproducing the absurdity. However, I do agree on the terrible acting (so far; half way through first episode).

Yeah someone told me that the book is pretty out there, maybe the series would appeal more after reading the book. I just couldn't get into it and it was kinda disappointing as it looked to have a great premise.

Quote:
Original post by Driv3MeFar
See: Code Monkeys on G4.

I'll have to take a look into it. Is it a comedy about the game industry?

Actually, I myself didn't really get into it until after like the second or third episode. I never read the book so I didn't know what to expect. Usually when a new show starts off, it takes a while for the viewer to get to know and understand the characters - as was the case with me. However, once the initial introductions were out of the way, I found the characters to fit well and the situations to be so funny. All I can say to you is not to dismiss the show right away, and give it a chance. In my opinion it gets better and better with each episode.

Quote:
Original post by Karan Bhangui
On the 6th episode right now. This is so awesome, I hope they don't cancel it :(

Glad you like it! If you can get your friends and others to watch the show, sign the online petition, contact the CBC, etc. fans can help save it. Go to www.savejpod.ca and check out the different ways you can help out.

Keep the faith!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!