• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Moe

I present to you... XNARemote!

This topic is 3810 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, in response to my previous blog post and another thread, I present to you XNARemote! XNARemote main window It basically turns your XBox 360 controller when used on a PC, into a Media Center remote control. It is pretty simple at this point, but seems to work. I thought that such a thing would be handy, especially when sitting on the couch on the opposite side of the room watching a movie on the computer. (In my case, my computer serves as a TV/Home Theatre for my roommates and I, and is located in the living room). There are a few things you need to note though - I haven't tested it as much as I'd like, for example what happens when a controller turns off from inactivity. Also, don't click the minimize/close buttons on the window - it doesn't like that. Instead use the "Back" button on the controller or Alt+Tab to it and use Alt+F4 to exit. It also hijacks control of the mouse when it is being used. Considering it was cobbled together in a relatively short period of time, I'm pretty happy with it. The code behind it is basically making calls to the Win32 api and simulating mouse clicks and keyboard presses via PInvoke. Anyway, feel free to download it here: clicky The actual .exe is contained in the XNARemote\XNARemote\bin\x86\Debug folder. You will also need a decently recent version of DirectX as well as the XNA Runtime libraries (or something like that - available here). Anyway, let me know what you think.

Advertisement
Sweet! I've been using ControlMk to emulate a mouse with my 360 controller, but this is much more thorough. What would be cool would be if you assigned a button to turn of the computer, preferably the guide button(since it's unused anyway).

Ah, glad to hear you guys like it.

Well, now that I think about it, the guide button does actually have some function - it shows the battery level when using a wireless controller and a Wireless reciever for windows.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!