• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Asking many question about GTK+

This topic is 3629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear all, I'm not familiar with C++ much, but I wanna try. I'm try to select one GUI lib. as many tried I quite appreciates GTK+ in terms of performance and cross-platform. but the question is. - I saw GTK+ use many of lib such as libpng, libtiff, etc.. and during compiling those lib I saw it linked to " win... somethings .h " is it still ok to use this on on linux?? - when compiling app useing GTK+ the error appear to adding "-mms-bitfields". anyones know what does it mean? - libpng and FreeImage this 2 lib had define same typedef (DWORD, LONG, etc...) so I can't "#include <png.h> #include <FreeImage.h>" on the same files. anyone have an Idea, is it possible to solve?, so I should leave them as they are? anyone have an suggestion on any lib or proper way to implement this. since I have no one for asking. Best Regards, Chet Chetchaiyan

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Neon2302
- I saw GTK+ use many of lib such as libpng, libtiff, etc.. and during compiling those lib I saw it linked to " win... somethings .h " is it still ok to use this on on linux??

Don't worry: it can be a platform specific header included because of conditional compilation or a portable "windowsomething.h" fron GTK+ or other libraries.
Quote:

- when compiling app useing GTK+ the error appear to adding "-mms-bitfields". anyones know what does it mean?

It's an option for GCC that affects bitfield layout (to match what the Microsoft compiler does) and it's a GTK+ project standard for Windows because it allows code compiled with GCC and MSVC to be linked together; it must be used for everything.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement