• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

2D Puzzle Game Developement Question

This topic is 3632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, a quickie. I am working on a 2d puzzle game with multiple levels/stages, using c++ with DirectX. I am wondering, I am not a pro, and would 5 weeks be a doable timeframe for that type of project? I realize you can not answer exactly, not knowing my skill,number of stages and required resources etc... I am looking for a ballpark estimate. If you can answer that would be great. different answers are fine too, I am just looking for estimates, I read somewhere that even these smple 2d puzzle games can take as long as six months to dev. Thanks.

Advertisement
I can make a game that plays just like Bejeweled in a day.

It would take myself and an artist at least three months to make that same game with the same amount of polish and commercial potential as the real Bejeweled. It would take longer than that if I were making an original idea (not cloning Bejeweled).

It's the polish and presentation that takes the majority of the time.

[Edited by - JBourrie on March 15, 2008 4:37:32 PM]

Ill second that. It took me roughly a month to get the core gameplay in our project Linx0r, but I've spent the last three months trying to polish it for a commercial release.

You should start coding now. After 12 hours, look at how far you've gone, and look at how far you have to go. Then get back to work..

^ what he said , and really , unless you have a deadline , it shouldn't matter. My first one took 8 weeks from conception to completion

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement