Virtual Pet How-to?

Started by
2 comments, last by CodeMunkie 16 years, 1 month ago
We've all seen them: little cute animals that run around your desktop and sniff at windows, play with random things, hop around, etc. I got curious enough about it to try it as an experiment, but I'm not sure where to start. I want to try to do this on a Mac environment (OS X Tiger and Leopard). Does anyone have any experience with this? Can I do it with something like SDL or am I about to get my hands dirty with whatever OS X has for graphics functions? Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated. This thread summarizes the idea behind my needs: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=263626 but only addresses the Windows API.
Advertisement
*bump*

Almost didn't survive the weekend =( That's a lot of views with no responses. My own search has still come up empty handed.
last bump. =(

I appreciate anyone who's taken the time to peek at this.
I'm guessing the lack of response is because there is no real question in your post. What exactly are you stuck with: how to draw something on the desktop, or how to model a virtual pet? I think if you ask a more specific question you will get some responses.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement