• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

post-secondary

This topic is 3630 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need some advice, right now im in Gr12, so i have to decide if i want to go to college and study computer engineering (diploma) or stay in high school next year for 1 more semester to upgrade (math/physics/English) so i have the requirements and a 75% average to go to university and study computer science (degree)?

Advertisement
Lax,

My recommendation has nothing to do with whether you're going to study CE or CS.

If your current grade average is fairly low and you have an opportunity to improve it by staying in high school (and your parents are good with that), then I think that's a good way to go.

Somebody before mentioned a "diploma" being distinct from a "degree," and now that I think of it, he was Canadian too. Here in the US we use the term "certificate" for what you are apparently referring to as a "diploma."

For your post-high-school studies, it's highly recommended that you take a four-year program - i.e., a degree program. Not a certificate/diploma program, if what you want to do is program games.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement