• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alder

Creating some kind of Engine [C++]

This topic is 3722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello World! I have been coding for a while now in C and C++ worked with SDL, OpenGL, Win32 API, GTK+ and more. Now I need help to figure out what my little engine for 2D/3D should use for library? OpenGL is there for sure, I'm not sure what to use for the interface GTK never see someone use it with GL, wxWidget not sure I want to learn it to make my engine, Win32API can take time to create a great window with buttons menu etc., SDL (if I use it without other lib exept GL I need to let go the menu idea) what do you suggest? Thanks.

Advertisement
If you're a confident SDL user (both SDL_image and the input system) then why not have a go at making your own?

This is going to be my next project for sure.

OK here I go use SDL with OpenGL and create my own simple crappy scary and more interface system :) maybe a friend will even help me in the project so why not.

thanks for the reply.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!